The Most Important Things...

The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them--words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they’re brought out. But it’s more than that, isn’t it? The most important things lie too close to where your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you’ve said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That’s the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear.

~Stephen King~


Normal Life Update


The rains have stopped and it's a beautiful day. The water is receding, but the floods had contaminated our wellwater for a few days. We're all safe and sound and starting to get around normally again.

The remodel project is going well. Lacinda (the wife) had to go out to Utah for a visit while we did some demolition work. The mold in the walls was being released and she got pretty sick. We're all done with that now, at least enough so that she can come back home, and Dean (the husband) is really happy about that. I am too, I can't imagine Sheri going away for 6 weeks or so like that. I would really like to be there when Lacinda gets home to see her reaction when she views her new home for the first time, but I think I'll let the family have that moment to themselves.

We are waiting for the Edens to get here this evening... I'm so excited to see them again. My dad and I are going to bid on an auction house in the morning. If we can get it, we'll turn it into a rental. Other than that, there's not much on the horizon for us. We need something to happen and soon. I might have to go get a real job.

Sheri is doing extremely well at Cold Water Creek. She really loves her job, except it's about an hour away in Branson. I really like the clothes they have too. Very colorful and bright. Better than Pendleton, in my opinion. She really soured on Pendleton too... they told her all sorts of things that never happened. Too bad too, but everything for a reason, right?

Anyway, nothing much happening for the time being. So I'm off to start my Easter weekend... after I post my Good Friday / Easter message.

Have a safe and wonderful Easter weekend.

Love to you all from the Henrys.

Until next time...

free hit counter


No comments: