The Most Important Things...

The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them--words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they’re brought out. But it’s more than that, isn’t it? The most important things lie too close to where your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you’ve said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That’s the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller, but for want of an understanding ear.

~Stephen King~


Looking Up


I'm sitting at the computer tonight listening to a little Willie & Lobo and I thought it would be a good idea to jot down a few thoughts.

My daughter Jessica and her husband Brandon came to visit us for the 4th of July Bar-B-Que. We had a wonderful time together and I hope they come back soon.

We finally finished the remodel job. That's the good news. The bad news is that the construction partnership is finished as well because of it. There are some deep feelings of anger and resentment on my part that I have been struggling to get past, and not very successfully I might add.

We are going on vacation to Michigan for 10 days or so at the end of next week. Time for a major battery recharge.

When we get back, I will be starting a new project with my new company that will require me to be away from home three or four nights a week, but we gotta do what we gotta do, right? I'm excited to be building again.

I went back to Houston for a family reunion in June and quickly remembered why I left there. Too many people, too many cars, and too much heat and humidity.

My friend Paul will be visiting in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

It's been too long since I've written anything except for the one about the mighty Baxter. I've tried but everything I tried to write ended up sounding like very negative sour grapes, so I've ended up deleting quite a bit.

Things are looking up though... and it never hurts to have a little Willie and Lobo as a soundtrack for my thoughts.

http://www.willieandlobo.com/

Until next time...

1 comment:

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

if you are gone 3 to 4 night a week when are you going to find time to post so much?!?!?!

we cant go on with out all your entertaining and insightful posts.

Is it paul edens that is coming to visit. if so give him a hug from us.

no matter where we roam Bon air has a piece of us.